February 13, 2017

Brownies for Valentine's Day

Brownie

Time for Valentine's Day, what are you doing? Any chocolates, cookies or brownies in the making? I love a good brownie. For years, I resisted making it at home and then caved in when Tiny M confessed to a major chocolate love. How can you not, right?

For recipe, I turned to the famous Browneyed Baker's Bake Brownie. I've like that it doesn't use any baking powder or soda like some of the others did. I tried it with only chocolate and only cocoa and the it tastes best when both of them are added.

I've made it many times and the brownie turns out just the way we like it, rich, dense, and fudgey. It is rich and indulgent, and just perfect for Valentine's Day.

Here is the recipe with my tweaks. For original recipe, click here.



Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup flour  (I have replaced all purpose with whole wheat white flour and it works well)
1/2 salt  (I've reduced the amount from 1 tspoon)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
7 oz dark chocolate  (I've reduced it too, this is about 2 bars of chocolate and it makes it choclatey for us)
1 cup unsalted butter (about 2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups granualted sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar (I've also done 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 cup brown sugar and it works nicely too)
5 eggs
1 teaspoon vanila extract

Brownie

Method:
Preheat the over to 350 deg. Butter a baking pan and add a parchment paper to the botton.

Sift the flour, salt and cocoa powder together. I always try to do this as it gets rid of any lumps.

Put the chocolate and butter in a large bowl and set it in a bath of simmering water, stirring till the chocolate and butter has melted into a smooth mix.

At this point, turn off the heat, keep the bowl in the water and add the sugar mixing till the sugar combines completely.

Add the eggs now, 2 at a time. Then add the vanilla and stir till it is combined.

Sprinkle the flour mixture in the chocolate bowl. Fold it in gently till the flour is combined.

Pour the batter in the prepared baking dish and bake for 28-30 minutes. For best results, rotate the pan midway. Let it cook and then take it out with the parchment paper, cut it in pieces and keep in a airtight container. I also keep it in aluminum foil and it stays fresh for a week.

Brownie
Happy Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

Hello and welcome to Ahaar. We have been cooking and posting recipes for more than a decade now. We love to hear from you -- your comments and feedback. Please keep it coming.
Happy browsing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...